You smile deserves regular attention. If you haven’t had a dental exam in a while, give us a call at The Dental Design Center in White Plains NY.
- Children’s teeth are soft until about age 10.
- A tooth with a crown can get a cavity.
- Your gum tissue is as vital as your teeth.
- Some prescription meds can increase your risk of tooth decay.
- Some home faucet water filters remove fluoride.
- 19 percent of kids between the ages of 2 and 19 have untreated tooth decay.
- Heartburn can be adverse for teeth.
- Allergies can cause tooth grinding.
- Dried fruit is just as adverse for teeth as sticky candy.
- Tooth enamel cannot repair itself, though dentin and cementum (the substance that surrounds the tooth root) are capable of partial regeneration.
- A Harvard-led team used low-powered lasers to activate stem cells and stimulate the growth of teeth in rats and human dental tissue in a lab. 1
- There are about 300 types of bacteria in your mouth.
- Chewing sugarless gum after meals can help remove food particles on your teeth. You still need to brush, but if you can’t brush immediately after meals, sugarless gum can help keep your teeth clean.
- Cavities often don’t cause pain until they have reached the root and nerve of the tooth. Visit your dentist regularly to prevent cavities or at least to detect them when they are small.
- Bone recession can cause tooth loss even if no decay is present.
At The Dental Design Center in White Plains NY, we can maintain your dental health and improve your smile! People from Yonkers, Rye Brook, Purchase come to us for general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry. Contact us today!
Contact The Dental Design Center – Ira J. Handschuh, D.D.S.: